The Group Copley World Triathlon is governed by the highest swimming water quality standards of World Triathlon, the international triathlon federation. These have been established in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) and European public health standards. And good news! Alexandra Basin's water meets all these requirements with flying colors.
Water quality tests to be submitted to World Triathlon
- Two (2) months before the competition on April 24th 2023 - 1st test results are available
The water quality is normally excellent. As of April 26th, the water analysis results for 3 main factors of water quality were:
– Fæcal enterococcus from 2 to 46 CFU/100 mL (TRI standards no more than 200 CFU/100 mL)
– Escherichia coli from 10 to 46 CFU/100 mL (TRI standards no more than 500 CFU/100 mL)
– pH 7.4 (TRI standards between 6 and 9)
2 other tests will be conducted ;
- Seven (7) days before the competition on June 16th 2023,
- The first day of the competition on June 24th 2023.
Additional tests may be conducted at the request of the International Federation Technical Delegate in conjunction with the results previously obtained. If the water quality tests show values outside the stated tolerance limits, World Triathlon will cancel the swim portion, unless the World Triathlon Medical and Anti-Doping Committee indicates otherwise.
The Group Copley World Triathlon team is available at all times to answer your questions regarding water quality. Do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org